We all need a little inspiration from time to time to understand why we make the decisions we choose to make in our lives. Being a conscious consumer is no exception to the rule. Here are some quotes to write on your bathroom mirror or post on your fridge to remind yourself why this movement and taking part in it are so important:
- “The United States is the overall worst performer when it comes to per capita greenhouse gas emissions” – Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- “Between 60-80 percent of the impacts on the planet come from household consumption. If we change our consumption habits, this would have a drastic effect on our environmental footprint as well,” – Diana Ivanova
- “Buy less. Choose well. Make it last.” – Vivienne Westwood
- “Our obsessive relationship with material things is actually jeopardising our relationships” – Celia Cole
- “There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Cheap consumer products are sold to us as some grand achievement of globalisation, but they’ve come at the price of middle-class jobs, craftsmanship and stable communities.”- Elizabeth L. Cline
- “As consumers we have so much power to change the world by just being careful in what we buy.” —Emma Watson
- “If beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, value is in the mind of the consumer.” – Michele Jennae
- “Consumerism is not bad, but reckless and mindless consumerism is not just bad, but downright injurious to the health of not just the individual, but of the entire society.” – Abhijit Naskar
Think before you shop.
Think before you live.
Join Mindful Market as a Conscious Consumer today.