First thing I think of when I hear Oregano - Spaghetti!! And who doesn't like spaghetti? And to think that the one little herb in it is good for you in so many ways. Let me fill you in:
Health benefits of Oregano Tincture:
- used for indigestion, bloating, flatulence, coughs, urinary problems, bronchial problems, headaches, swollen glands, and to promote menstruation.
- Oregano promotes perspiration and thus treats colds and fevers.
- Inhalations can be used to clear the lungs and bronchial passages.
- known for healing Candida overgrowth and Athlete‘s Foot. It outright destroys the fungus.
- It has also been used in the past to relieve fevers, diarrhea, vomiting, and jaundice
- Unsweetened tea can be used as a gargle or mouthwash.
- Oregano offers significant antiseptic powers for the urinary tract.
- A few drops, put on cotton-wool and placed in the hollow of an aching tooth frequently relieves the pain.
- is a powerful antioxidant
Tinctures are meant to be used as medicine in small amounts. Add 10-20 drops to your tea, juice, water or directly into your mouth when needed.
Dosages for children are not provided in most herbals. To determine the correct dose you need to consider the size of the child, the ailment, the power of the herb you intend to use, and the adult dosage.
Young's Rule for determining dosage uses the child's age divided by twelve plus the age. The dosage for a 4 year old:
4/12+4 = 4/16 = 1/4 of the adult dose.
For more information on herbs and to read my blog, go to http://www.theherbalcache.com/
AboutMy love for nature and plants brought me to where I am today. I strive to learn about the qualities of plants around me and how they can make our lives better. Plants have so much herbal medicine and I want to share that with all.Mission Sta...